Graduate School Admissions
Get your Master's Degree in Tokyo
Students are accepted twice annually in April or September. Acceptance is granted upon careful review of all application documents, including: a Research Plan, two letters of recommendation, and English test results. Japanese language proficiency or previous Japanese learning experience is not required for admission.
Applications for the E-Track Masterʼs Program are conducted entirely through an online system called ApplyJapan. The service will be accessible during the application dates listed in section II. Applications for the E-Track Ph.D. Program are conducted by submitting the attached application form (Ph.D. Economics). Read the Application Guideline carefully before you apply.
II. Important Dates
Key Dates in the Application Process* When viewing on a smart phone, swipe left or right to view the table.
|Due Date for Tuition,|
Fees and Documents
|For all applicants|
|1||April 23 - May 2, 2018||May 23, 2018||June 4, 2018|
|Only for applicants residing in Japan|
|2||June 18 - June 27, 2018||July 18, 2018||July 30, 2018|
- Deadlines in the above tables are indicated in Japanese Standard Time.
- If you are uncertain about your eligibility, contact the E-Track Office well before an application period starts.
- Applicants are required to complete the online application and submit the required documents by the final date of the application period.
III. Application Eligibility for the Graduate School
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements
Requirement 1 : Educational Background
Applicants must have completed, or be scheduled to complete one of the following criteria before the enrollment date at TIU.
- Have graduated from a Japanese university.
- Have completed a 16-year standard education curriculum outside Japan.
- Have completed a 15-year standard education curriculum outside Japan and whose academic achievements are acknowledged by Tokyo International University to be outstanding.
- Be at least 22 years of age before the enrollment date at TIU and have been screened at the eligibility prescreening by TIU.
*If you have other education qualifications, please send your inquiries before application periods start using the Eligibility Verification Form.
Requirement 2 : English Proficiency
Applicants must be able to demonstrate sufficient linguistic ability to understand lectures in English. To demonstrate English proficiency, applicants are required to take one of the following English tests and achieve at least the minimum score indicated below.
|Preferred Major||TOEFL iBT||TOEIC||IELTS||Pearson PTE Academic||EIKEN|
*English tests must have been taken within two years of the date of application.
*Results of Institutional Program (IP) tests are not accepted. (IP tests are held within schools or organizations. These tests are not accepted by universities.)
Requirement 3: GMAT Scores
*Applicants of Digital Marketing and Business only
Applicants of Digital Marketing and Business are required to submit a valid GMAT score.