Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees for 1st Year Students in 2023
- First Year Tuition
- 1,000,000 JPY
- Operations Fee
- 300,000 JPY
- * Enrollment Fee
- 250,000 JPY
- 1st Year Sum
- 1,550,000 JPY
- Annual Sum (Subsequent Years)
- 1,500,000 JPY
* Enrollment Fee is charged for the first year only.
|First Semester||Second Semester||Total|
(Only at school entry)
- A one-time 40,000 JPY Alumni Association fee will be added to the first tuition and fees invoice.
- All applicants for the English Track Program may apply for a TIU Tuition Reduction Scholarship.
- Tuition and fees do not include accommodation.
- Applicants who have a sibling currently attending TIU or has graduated from TIU may be eligible for a 50% reduction on the enrollment fee. If multiple siblings enroll at the same time, one sibling pays the full enrollment fee while a 50% reduction is applied to the second sibling onward. For more details, contact the E-Track Admissions Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Nationals of Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, Uzbekistan and Sri Lanka are required to pay the full annual amount of tuition and fees for the first year of study by the designated date. See "Advance Payment of Fees" for details.
- If a successful applicant decides not to enroll in TIU after paying all stipulated fees, they are eligible to have the tuition, operations fee, and alumni association fee refunded back to them. However, the enrollment fee is non-refundable. To receive the refundable fees, a “Reimbursement Application Form” must be requested and submitted to the IEO (email@example.com) by the deadlines listed below. Under no circumstances will it be possible to request a refund after the deadlines have passed.
Spring intake: No later than 5pm (UTC +9 Japan Standard Time) on Friday, March 31
Fall intake: One business day before the matriculation ceremony (late August 2023) for the Fall semester. The matriculation ceremony date will be published on the 2023 Academic Calendar on our website.
Tuition and Fees Due For 1st Year Students
The enrollment fee is due in advance to secure a place at TIU. Tuition and fees for the first semester are due later, prior to university entrance. Refer to the Application Procedures page for payment dates. The chart below outlines how the TIU Tuition Reduction Scholarship reduces costs during the first year.
|Tuition Reduction||Enrollment Fee Due||1st Semester Due||2nd Semester Due||Total Due|
Advance Payment of Fees
Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, Uzbekistan and Sri Lanka【Tuition and Fees】
Students of the nationalities mentioned above enrolling to TIU are required to pay the full amount of tuition and fees for the entire first year of studies before applying for a Certificate of Eligibility. From the second year onwards, these students will be able to pay their tuition and fees on a semester basis.
This rule is to help assure the Japanese Immigration Bureau as well as TIU that the student has sufficient financial resources to study abroad at our university. TIU will inform the students to whom this rule applies on the results announcement day.
Download the Application Guidelines for more details.