Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees for 1st Year Students in 2020
- First Year Tuition
- 900,000 JPY
- Facility Expenses
- 300,000 JPY
- * Enrollment Fee
- 250,000 JPY
- 1st Year Sum
- 1,450,000 JPY
- Annual Sum (Subsequent Years)
- 1,400,000 JPY
* Enrollment Fee is charged for the first year only.
|First Semester||Second Semester||Total|
(Only at school entry)
- Applicants for the English Track Program are eligible to apply for the TIU tuition reduction scholarship.
- Tuition and Fees do not include accommodation.
- If you have a brother or sister attending (or has graduated from) TIU, you will receive a 50% enrollment fee reduction. Furthermore, if two siblings plan to enroll at the same time, one of them will receive this 50% enrollment fee reduction as well! For more details, contact the E-Track Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Nationals of Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal and Uzbekistan are required to pay the full annual amount of tuition and fees for the first year of study by the designated date. See "Advance Payment of Fees" for details.
Tuition and Fees Due For First Year Students
Among the annual tuition and fees above, the total amount of 1st semester must be paid prior to university entrance. Regarding the tuition reduction scholarship, a half of annual reduced amount will be applied to each semester as following.
|Tuition Reduction||Enrollment Fee Due (*1)||1st Semester Due (*2)||2nd Semester Due||Total Due|
(*1) First, enrollment fee must be paid for securing a place at TIU.
(*2) Next, tuition and fees for 1st semester must be paid by the specified dates.
Advance Payment of Fees
Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal and Uzbekistan (as of May 2019)【Tuition and Fees】
Students of nationalities mentioned above enrolling to TIU are required to pay the full annual amount of tuition and fees for the entire first year of studies before applying for a Certificate of Eligibility. From the second year onwards, these students will be able to pay their tuition and fees on a semester basis. This rule is to provide assurance to the Japanese Immigration Bureau as well as TIU that the student has sufficient financial resources to study abroad at our university. TIU will inform the students to whom the Advance Payment of Fees rule applies on the result announcement day.
Payment Due Dates (*3):
|Application Period||Payment of Enrollment Fee||Payment of Tuition and Fees|
|April 2020 Intake||1||Jun 26 – Jul 10, 2019||Aug 23, 2019||Sep 13, 2019|
|2||Sep 11 – Oct 2, 2019||Nov 15, 2019||Dec 6, 2019|
|3||Nov 6 – Nov 27, 2019||Jan 8, 2020|
|September 2020 Intake||1||Nov 6 – Nov 27, 2019||Jan 10, 2020||Mar 16, 2020|
|2||Jan 8 – Jan 22, 2020||Mar 2, 2020||Mar 16, 2020|
|3||Feb 19 – Mar 11, 2020||Apr 27, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|4||Apr 1 – Apr 22, 2020||Jun 5, 2020|
(*3) Payment Due Dates only apply to Advance Payment of Fees. Refer to the Application Procedures page for the standard payment due dates.