You've got questions - we've got answers

Top frequently asked questions. If the FAQ below doesnʼt answer your questions, feel free to contact us directly via the navigation at the bottom of your screen.


What courses are available in the E-Track program at Tokyo International University?
Are the Japanese language courses mandatory for international students?
Yes, students in the E-Track Program are required to take 8 credits of Japanese Language Courses for graduation. Students who demonstrate a higher level of Japanese language ability may take a test to be exempt from the language requirement. Students who wish to work in Japan or with a Japanese company abroad are strongly encouraged to study Japanese beyond the minimum requirement.
Can I change my major after enrolling?
Students wishing to change major must apply for an official interview, which is set up by a member of the E-Track faculty. The interview will be held once every semester and approval will be decided based on the applicant's screening and grade point average.


Is there a GPA requirement or a compulsory set of GCE A-level subjects for acceptance to the university?
Is it possible to pay the application fee via means other than a credit card?
Yes. Please contact the E-Track office in advance and we will explain other payment methods.
Can I submit an official English test score slightly after the deadline?
No. All required documents must be submitted during the application period.
You mentioned that "certified copies" are accepted in lieu of originals. How do I get them?
There are official organizations that offer a service of providing copies of documents that have been identified and sworn to be made from an original. These are what we call "certified copies". There are various ways to create these documents, but the easiest way is by taking them to the school that issued the original or any TIU office. For other ways of issuing these documents, click here to learn more about what a certified copy is and how to issue them correctly. If you still have questions about how to issue a certified copy after reading these instructions, please contact the E-Track Admissions Center.
Can I transfer from another school?
Yes, we accept transfer students. The credits you have accrued at a previous university may be transferred pending an official screening. You are required to send a transcript and course description, such as a syllabus, for evaluation to the E-Track office prior to any application period.


How can I apply for a TIU scholarship?
Can I get a tuition reduction scholarship even if I already have some other scholarships?
Yes, you are eligible for TIU scholarships unless the other scholarships pose a restriction.
When will I be notified of scholarship results?
Notifications are sent to successful applicants paired with admission results. The scholarship remains valid for four years pending the recipient maintains sufficient academic performance and avoids any misconduct.

Life in Japan

For information about the cost of living in Japan, please refer to the following link: