Support and Services

Support and Services

Support and Services


Before your arrival in Japan, the IEO will support and guide students through the visa application process. For enrolling students, the IEO will prepare a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), a document issued by the Ministry Of Justice which makes you eligible to receive a student visa. You will submit this document to your nearest Japanese Embassy / Consulate for visa processing. Any concerns or questions that students may have during this process can be answered in detail by contacting the IEO directly.


Students are eligible to live at the student dorms until the end of their 1st semester. When leaving the dormitory, TIU provides students with an English-speaking real estate agent who specializes in aiding international students.

Airport Pick-up

TIU arranges airport pick-up for students who are arriving in Japan for the first time, in which a TIU staff member will greet you at the airport and ensure that you are safely guided to your hotel, new place of residence or any other desired destination.


During orientation, the IEO will provide comprehensive orientations about academics, student life, health and safety, and more. There is also assistance in registering with local municipality, registering for health insurance, opening a bank account, and other logistics.

Peer Assistant

During your time at TIU, you be assigned a peer assistant; a senior student in the E-Track Program that will help you adjust to life in Japan and at the university.


Students can visit the International Exchange Office to discuss concerns about their health or student life. The IEO will help students find appropriate clinics/hospitals for their needs and provide translation services for doctor appointments when needed. The IEO also has a bilingual (English & Japanese) 24-hour emergency hotline for students experiencing physical or mental health-related concerns.

Scroll to Top